Accessing Psychology Services
- Telephone our clinic and make an appointment with one of our psychologists.
Phone on (07) 4638 8464 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may choose to be an independent, full fee paying client. Alternatively, you may choose to access funding support via:
- your private health insurance cover. We have HICAPS facilities on site.
- visit your GP and discuss your eligibility to access Medicare rebates for psychological services (Better Access, Better Start, Chronic Disease Management, etc).
- other government and non-government funding bodies e.g., Primary Health Network (The Wellness Program, previously ‘ATAPS’); and DSS-funded Helping Children With Autism (HCWA) and Better Start Intervention (BSI) programs for young children with disabilities; and NDIS-supported services..
We keep our standard fees below that of industry recommendations. Rebates* and fees are subject to an increase in July each year. Fees will vary according to the specialisations and experience of our psychologists.
Standard rates per clinical hour of service are typically:
$180 – $220 for our Clinical Psychologists
$150 – $180 for our Registered Psychologists
A 25% discount is applied for health care concession card holders.
Please discuss this with your psychologist. N.B.: We do not offer Bulkbilling services.
Our therapists are registered with Medicare Australia and Private Health Funds for healthcare rebates*, subject to eligibility and appropriate GP or specialist referral.
All other GP & specialist referrals may be faxed to Mylne Street Mental Health on 4638 8434 or emailed to email@example.com
For your convenience:
Private and Government Rebates*
Medicare rebates may apply for clients with current medical referrals. The rebate amounts vary depending on individual circumstances, e.g., for patients with a current Mental Health Care Plan who see a Clinical Psychologist, the rebate is approximately $124. For those patients seeing a Registered Psychologist, the rebate is approximately $85. If the family medical safety net has been reached within the calendar year, a higher rebate may be payable.
Private health funds may also rebate on our services. Rebates vary depending on your fund and level of cover. Contact your health fund for the latest rebate information.